Treatment of liver metastases from neuroendocrine tumour: which is the best method?
Neuroendocrine tumours are increasing in incidence. In diffuse cases, which are very common, the question of the most appropriate testament is essential. This paper favors cTACE over DEB-TACE and Y90.
- cTACE achieved a significantly longer overall survival in patients with unresectable NELM.
- Patients treated with cTACE showed a prolonged hepatic progression-free survival.
- cTACE, DEB-TACE and Y90 radioembolisation demonstrated comparable safety and toxicity profiles.
- Age >70 years, extrahepatic metastases and tumour burden >50% were identified as negative predictors.
- Propensity score analysis suggests the superiority of cTACE over DEB-TACE and Y90.
Article: Intra-arterial therapy of neuroendocrine tumour liver metastases: comparing conventional TACE, drug-eluting beads TACE and yttrium-90 radioembolisation as treatment options using a propensity score analysis model
Authors: Minh et al, December 2017, Volume 27, Issue 12, pp 4995–5005