Application OPEN for Albert L. Baert Editorial Fellowship 2024
UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL
The European Radiology Private Foundation announces the Albert L. Baert Editorial Fellowship in 2024
This editorial fellowship programme is carried out by the Editor in Chief of European Radiology, and aims to provide training in editorial skills, such as manuscript evaluation, manuscript editing, organisation of peer review, manuscript production and publishing, including electronic publication.
The fellowship will consist of an onsite introductory meeting at the office of the Editor in Chief, and a remote training programme. During the onsite stay the fellow will receive a basic personal training and gain insight into the work of an editor in the following areas:
- Handling new manuscripts
- Handling revised/resubmitted manuscripts
- Inviting reviewers for a first review
- Making the first decision
- Making final acceptance decisions
Upon completion of the onsite training, the fellow will continue working remotely on their manuscripts, thereby being involved in all stages of a manuscript’s lifetime. At the end of the fellowship period, the candidate will remain as a reviewer for the journal.
Among all applicants, two fellows will be selected. Both will be awarded €2,250 to cover expenses and will receive free registration to ECR 2024, and an invitation to join the ESR Journals Editorial Board Meeting.
Candidates still in training or under the age of 33 are preferred.
- Be a certified radiologist or senior resident
- Be an active member of the European Society of Radiology
- Provide evidence of research and clinical activity in the field of Radiology by listing first author publications (min. 5 PubMed-indexed articles)
Applications must include the following documents as PDF files:
- Completed questionnaire
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Reference letter from a referee who is an active ESR member
Applicants must send all their documents together via email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 01.12.2023.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.