ANNOUNCEMENT – Albert L. Baert Editorial Fellowship – Application now CLOSED
The European Radiology Private Foundation announces the
Albert L. Baert Editorial Fellowship in 2020
This editorial fellowship programme is carried out by the Editor in Chief of European Radiology, Prof. Yves Menu, and aims to provide training in editorial skills, such as manuscript evaluation, manuscript editing, organisation of peer review, manuscript production and publishing, including electronic publication.
The fellowship will be divided in two parts consisting of an onsite and a remote training programme of the selected candidate.
Firstly, the fellow will spend one week at the office of the Editor-in-Chief in Paris/FR. This week includes five full days and evenings of homework which will be followed up during the next working day. During this stay the fellow will receive a personal training and gain insight into the work of the Editor-in-Chief in the following areas:
- Handling new manuscripts
- Handling revised/resubmitted manuscripts
- Inviting reviewers for a first review
- Making the first decision
- Making final acceptance decisions
Upon completion of the onsite training, the fellow will continue working remotely on his/her manuscripts, thereby being involved in all stages of a manuscript’s lifetime. At the end of the fellowship period, the candidate will remain as a reviewer for the journal.
The selected fellow will be awarded €4,500 to cover expenses and free registration to ECR 2020, where he/she will be introduced at the journal’s editorial board meeting.
- Be a certified radiologist or senior resident
- Be an active member of the European Society of Radiology
- Provide evidence of research and clinical activity in the field of Radiology by listing first author publications (min. 5 PubMed-indexed articles)
Candidates still in training or under the age of 33 are preferred.
Applications must include:
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Reference letter from a referee who is an active ESR member
Application must be made via the online form at https://de.surveymonkey.com/r/BaertFellowship2020.
The deadline for applications is October 31, 2019.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.