ANNOUNCEMENT – Albert L. Baert Editorial Fellowship 2022 – Applications now OPEN
The European Radiology Private Foundation announces the Albert L. Baert Editorial Fellowship in 2022
This editorial fellowship programme is carried out by the Editor-in-Chief of European Radiology, Prof. Yves Menu, and aims to provide training in editorial skills, such as manuscript evaluation, manuscript editing, organisation of peer review, manuscript production and publishing, including electronic publication.
The fellowship will consist of a brief onsite introductory training at the office of the Editor-in-Chief in Paris/FR (subject to COVID restrictions), and a remote training programme. During the onsite stay the fellow will receive a basic personal training and gain insight into the work of the Editor-in-Chief in the following areas:
- Handling new manuscripts
- Handling revised/resubmitted manuscripts
- Inviting reviewers for a first review
- Making the first decision
- Making final acceptance decisions
Upon completion of the onsite training, the fellow will continue working remotely on his/her manuscripts, thereby being involved in all stages of a manuscript’s lifetime. At the end of the fellowship period, the candidate will remain as a reviewer for the journal.
The selected fellow will be awarded €4,500 to cover expenses and will receive free registration to ECR 2022 and an invitation to join the ESR Journals Editorial Board Meeting.
Candidates still in training or under the age of 33 are preferred.
- Be a certified radiologist or senior resident
- Be an active member of the European Society of Radiology
- Provide evidence of research and clinical activity in the field of Radiology by listing first author publications (min. 5 PubMed-indexed articles)
Applications must include the following documents as PDF files:
- Completed questionnaire (available on the myESR website)
- Curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter
- Reference letter from a referee who is an active ESR member
Applicants must send all their documents together via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is November 19, 2021.
Please contact email@example.com for any questions.