How should we measure IPMN for an optimal follow-up?
IPMN is very common and most patients are only followed-up with an MRI. This study shows that simple manual evaluation in the axial plane is reliable and reproducible.
- MRI measurements by different radiologists can be used for IPMN follow-up.
- Both diameter and volume measurements demonstrate excellent interobserver and intraobserver reproducibility.
- Manual axial measurements show the highest interobserver reproducibility in determining size.
- Axial and coronal volume measurements show similar limits of agreement.
- Manual axial measurements show the lowest variability in agreement range.
Authors: Pallavi Pandey, Ankur Pandey, Farnaz Najmi Varzaneh, Mounes Aliyari Ghasabeh, Daniel Fouladi, Pegah Khoshpouri, Nannan Shao, Manijeh Zarghampour, Ralph H. Hruban, Marcia Canto, Anne Marie O’Broin-Lennon and Ihab R. Kamel